Friday, May 02, 2008

painting

This is a picture I just finished for school. I took a picture of Lakewold Gardens. Then I enlarged it, blew it out a little, desaturated it to B&W, and then had it printed at Costco. I then hand-painted it with oil. I had never used oil paints before, so it was a little tenuous, but I got through it. I learned a lot and now know that I can blend it with a little walnut oil to make it a little easier to work with, and I can use the walnut alkyd to make it dry a little quicker. As it was, I had it laying around for a week before I realized that it was getting dusty and smudged. I went to Aaron Bros and had a mat cut and then framed it even though it was still wet. I just couldn't have it laying around anymore. This isn't the best picture of it, but it is dark and there is glare from the glass, so it will have to do for now.

No comments: