Sunday, April 27, 2008

Garden Walk

For this week's artist date, I cheated a little. I didn't go and spend the day alone, but I did have some solitary moments. Tim and I went with the photography Meetup group to Lakewold Gardens. I'd heard about the gardens several years ago (while wedding planning) and had never been. This was a prime opportunity. We didn't have much going on (other than household errands) and the weather seemed to be holding up (no rain).

We packed up the cameras and headed out. I took my new Canon Digi Rebel XTI, but since I had yet to master it, I took along my point and shoot digital camera as a backup. It was a good thing I did. I forgot the instruction manual for the new camera, and it was set in a large format mode, so I didn't get as many photos as I thought I would, so I did end up switching cameras and ended up taking 200 pictures in all. Poor Tim only snapped off 50-ish with his film camera. All in all, it was a very nice morning, and the gardens were gorgeous. I would love to go back when the weather is sunny and the gardens even more lush.

One of these days, I'd love to do something with all of the photos. I mulled over ideas even as I snapped the photos.

It felt good to do something a little different and stretch that artistic side, even though it was just the photography portion of my brain.

No comments: